Your beauty blinds me

Your beauty blinds me because it comes from your heart and it is reflected in your eyes.

Inevitably my eyes wander
They seek you out
And trace the curve of your chin
They smooth down
The wayward strands of hair
And caress your cheek
As they glare
And stare

Each twist of my head
A charade
To keep you from divining
The object of my gaze
Every moment I look elsewhere
Wasted
When I could have been looking at you
Drinking you in
As though I were a thirsty man
And you the last drops of water in the Sahara
Your voice gurgles
Like a brook in summer
And your eyes twinkle
With mischief unsaid
Undone
Every movement
Is but a constriction in my chest
Every laugh another hit to my heart
How can you live
And not see me die
How can you laugh
And look through me
Your every gaze passes through me
Holding me
Spellbound
My lips lock tightly
My tongue ties itself in knots.

No comments:

Post a Comment