a sweet seperation


 Well, I have some confusion with regard to the logic of this sentence. When you say the first person you laid your eyes on, it gives kind of feeling that you are talking about your first memory of seeing a person. I doubt any of us can remember whom we saw first. 


Train journeys always fascinate us as we all come across different people & their vibrant colours of nature they possess some being different, some strange & some sweet too.

The special part of journey are that you get to see new faces all around. 17/06/2019 the day when i came across many new faces, but one face managed to grab my attention.
Shakespeare said, “The eyes are the window to your soul.” When i first coined the phrase on her, it was considered deep and meaningful.  Just like a glimpse of sky with the glittering star's.
As a traveller & trying to be diff from all. You get to know people and that's the best beauty of it. She was too travelling in a group, i guess she's of my age or might be elder, but the only thing i knew was her eye's had a glimpse of sky with glittering Star's.

B2 seat no 37, It was late in the evening. I was sitting on the rear corner of the train. She was leaning comfortably & resting her back on the pillow & reading a book. Watching her, the voices in my head struggle to escape to the paper, but there's this thing in between my thoughts and her eyes...my mind.

Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”

I could feel that tiny space, I'm living in. Sometimes i loose my senses just thinking about the travellers we meet in our daily routine. Some unanswered questions always strikes my mind with lighting speed that the one we saw today, will we ever cross our paths again?

Sometimes the answer is yes, & mostly no, but before all this thoughts coming to my senses my focus was scattered, so filled with nervous anticipation, so excited, even giddy.  I could picture it already - holding hands, a tingling feeling spreading throughout my entire body. I would take her for a walk through the park and count the ducks; it seemed the most natural thing in all the world.


I couldn't hold a conversation or sit still while her thoughts danced in infinite directions. When she tied up her hair & gently placed her hair strands back, when they were continuously falling in front of eyes & kissing her cheeks.  I felt as she is reverberating inside me & i was completely lost in those magical vibrations of her look & smile.

Looking out for people, trying to scribble their story & fit your self there to be part of that story, is great methodology to explore different people and their culture,
Another way of looking at culture is to think of it simply as your "story". The benefits of having a great story begin inside you, in ways that let them not only understand but also help create it.

The 30 hours journey passed very swiftly and she reached kharagpur. As we parted, we exchanged smile.
I tried to gather myself to ask her details so that we could stay in touch, but i failed. While she was de boarding the train  her teammates waved to me, i hardly bothered until she too waved her hands in the air bidding me a final goodbye. Regaining my senses i too waved her with a smile until she disappeared from my eyes into horizon.

The difference between what we make & what we strive to become are world's apart.

Happy journey stranger!















No comments:

Post a Comment